Irvine High School is pleased to announce its 2018-2019 Student Planner Cover Art Design Contest. Our students are inspired by their experiences and should be encouraged to submit artwork representing the spirit of Irvine High School and the IHS Values of Integrity, Honoring Yourself and Others, and Social Responsibility. The winner’s artwork will be featured on the 18-19 Student Planner (on the cover), along with his/her name. In addition, the winner will receive a free school planner and school shirt.
We welcome a variety of media–both designs produced by hand, photo and/or computer graphic design. Special consideration will be given to creative and original designs. All artwork must be proportionate to 5 x 8 inches or larger. We also ask that students submitting graphic artwork provide one of the following:
- an electronic high resolution digital JPEG (.jpg) copy of the artwork
- a scanned copy of the original artwork JPEG (.jpg)
- a printed/hard color copy of the design (unless the design is black and white)
RULES & RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Contestant must be a current IHS student
- Artwork will be proportionate to 5 x 8 inches or larger (see attached guidelines)
- Artwork should include the words- Irvine High School, 2018-2019, and planner
- Email artwork jpg file titled: first+last name and student ID, and include written statement within the email to email@example.com
- Artwork being submitted needs to be acceptable to all school rules
- ONLY one submission per student
- Entries received after the due date will not be accepted
- A short written description or artist statement about the artwork is required (no more than 5 sentences)
- Please make sure your name is not in/on the artwork itself. Your JPEG file should provide name. Original artwork should info attached on the back of artwork
- Artwork should not have any copyrighted images- work should be completely original and your own.
DEADLINE: Entries must arrive via email or to the IHS upstairs office on or before Friday, April 27, 2018 to be voted on by IHS students and staff.
Save the date! The Irvine Fine Arts Center Exhibition will host an opening reception Friday, March 23 from 4-6. There will be an awards presentation, refreshments and AWESOME art of course! CONGRATS to the students whose art was selected. The Exhibition dates are March 23-April 14.
IMAGINATION CELEBRATION…start preparing your work and completing your entry forms! Due date is 4/13
Entry form: http://1000pieces.2018-imagination-celebration-2d-art-exhibition-entry-form.sgizmo.com/s3/
This form is for entries to the “1000 Pieces” exhibition which takes place at South Coast Plaza. This form accepts entries for 2D (Two- Dimensional) art only in these categories: Traditional Media, Photography and Digital. For all other exhibitions or information about the Imagination Celebration, please visit http://www.artsoc.org/imagination-celebration.htm
Before you proceed, please review the following:
- Please have a unique and original title for each piece of artwork. Works should not be named Unknown, Untitled, Matisse, etc.
- Please submit only the best two to four pieces of each identical or similar project per class.
- Submit only one or two pieces of art per student per category (Traditional Media, Photography, Digital).Before starting the entry form, please make sure you have the following information:
- Public Schools—
- Parent’s Name
- Parent’s Email
- Student’s Teacher’s Name
- Student’s Teacher’s Email
- School Name
- Public Schools—
If you are interested in submitting work for the IPSF sponsored Irvine Talks: “Be Human” in an effort to evoke awareness of the human condition, please speak with an Irvine High Visual Arts Teacher for info. Due date is 11/16.
IPSF Parents Appreciating Teachers & Staff art contest info
Directing Change: Program and Film Contest: Suicide Prevention // Mental Health Matters // Through The Lens of Culture // Animated Short // Sanamente SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE MARCH 1st, 2018 http://www.DirectingChangeCA.org
Scholastic Art & Writing Awards Scholarships:
Reflections Contest Info
See PDF attachment. Updated info coming as we get it!