Advanced Drawing & Painting students will continue to explore their own potential, working on strengthening existing skills, and creating examples which demonstrate the breadth of their understanding, focusing on art analysis techniques and self-critique. Students will work toward the development of a comprehensive portfolio that will help prepare them for possible college-level classes as well as potential AP portfolio submission.
All Students will:
- Be expected to develop mastery in concept, composition, and execution of ideas in their artwork. In constructing the portfolio, students will explore critical characteristics of creative thinking.
- Use goal setting, informed decision making, and problem-solving skills to pursue their own artistic interest in an informed way, seeking out creative problems that are both interesting and challenging.
- Be responsible for demonstrating mastery in concept, composition, and execution as they use the elements of art and principles of design to organize their works.
- Research ideas for their independent projects and document this in their sketchbook.
- Utilize a set of standards set for the class to gauge their progress and work toward their goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to come into class and immediately engage in teacher-directed activities and also independently work toward creatively solving problems they have developed.
2019 Re-Cap: Proud of this group and the growth they made throughout the year. Explored lots of portraiture and made a couple of trips to galleries and museums this year. Students were featured in poster contests and art shows throughout Orange County. Excited to see what they do next.